Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Fever

Most of my classmates and I have spring fever. It’s warm and sunny outside, why do we want to sit inside a cold and dark classroom? Here is how I've been getting work done, yet enjoying the weather:

Enjoy it as you can. For me, this means that during the 1/2 hour break between classes I'm outside. I even got a sandwich and took it outside to eat at a table. I was not alone, I saw tons of other students sitting in the sunny grass studying, chatting, checking their phones, eating lunch, and even napping. Something about the sun and warm weather calls you outside to enjoy it.

Remember sunblock! It’s recommended to be worn all year, but to be honest I skip it during the winter. I hate the pale look my old sunscreen cast over my face. I just recently heard about a new multitasking product that also contains sunscreen everyone was raving about. I drove to the store in search of this new product, BB cream. I found Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector that claims to complete 5 tasks in one cream. It hydrates, evens tone, corrects blemishes, boosts a healthy glow, and contains sunscreen. I put this to the test to discover it works! It’s not full coverage like foundation is, but the sunscreen does work! My shoulders got red while my face did not burn.

Get a start on your tan! I mean self-tanners are wonderful to look like you have been enjoying sunshine all winter long, when you've really been covered up head to toe to keep warm. For me, stopping in for a Mystic tan is the easiest. I don't feel so embarrassed to flaunt my legs in capri pants and flip flops as I run about campus. It’s still too cold in classrooms for shorts I believe.

Ask teachers to take lectures outside. The worst case is they say no. I am lucky; there are a few amphitheaters around campus that I've had teachers relocate classes to. The teacher probably has some spring fever too! This past week one teacher emailed us the PowerPoint lecture and asked we print it off before class. We arrived to a note on the door to meet at one of the amphitheaters to listen to lecture in the sunshine and we could still follow along and take notes on the PowerPoint handouts we printed.

Remember that you can still play in the sun later. Even though you are stuck in a cold dark classroom and dreaming of the sunshine and even the warm water of the beach this summer, it will be there later. You have deadlines to meet that will get you closer to your dream career, like an executive assistant. It's better to get it completed now and have a more enjoyable and worry-free beach trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment